Best Living Japan is offering a safe and motivational space for remote study support for elementary students in Tokyo for the fall of 2020 (now – Dec 11, 2020). Best Living Japan is located in Minami Azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo. If your child is in grades 2nd – 5th and attending an international school offering a hybrid learning model this fall your child is welcome to join our daily morning study pod program from 8:00-1:00 (if your child’s school morning call is 8:00 we can work with your timing). You can also extend Study Pod till 3:00 if needed.
What is Study Pod?
- Four to six kids are grouped by grade and assigned an experienced teacher to learn and complete school assign work
- Students and Study Pod teachers work together to track the schedule and complete goals successfully
- Study Pod teachers check all work before submitted and motivate the students to push their ability and deliver strong work
- Study Pod teachers also provide extra work and reading time if the school work is complete
- No gaming is allowed while in the Study Pod, kids are focused and busy with school work and other learning and reading
- The Best Living Japan Study Pod program is focused on Grades 2 -5; however; 1st grade will be considered from later in September space allowing. Please send questions to info@BestLivingJapan.com.
For the morning program choose 10 – 20 sessions;
10 sessions for 64,000 yen/1,280 yen per hour ( includes 10% tax)
15 sessions for 95,000 yen/1,266 yen per hour ( includes 10% tax)
20 sessions for 125,000 yen/1,250 yen per hour (includes 10% tax).
If the student’s school returns to 100% in class-rooms and remote learning ends, a full refund will be made on unused days. If you are interested in more details, email info@BestLivingJapan.com.
Best Living Japan also offers kids extracurricular activities for elementary student from 15:30-17:00.
Best Living Japan Tokyo Study Pod Program, Minami Azabu
Details of the Study Pod Program: Students will attend for 5 hours with their iPads or laptops, have a personal desk, and be supported by a designated teacher to complete all or most of their daily learning (depending on school program). Students will be group by school and grade as best as possible to facilitate similar learning needs. The student to teacher ratio will never be above 6:1. Students will bring a snack and drink for a study break, and all their study materials. There will be two 5 hour sessions offered daily M-F 8:00-13:00 (doors open at 7:50am). Best Living Japan is hiring experienced ES teachers, as well as, Japanese teachers to support Japanese language class work. The program does not guarantee that your child will 100% complete the assignments for the day since each child works at a different pace, but the teacher will motivate the child with the goal and provide a report a the end of the session regarding what was complete and what was not.
Registration: To create a safe community we are not accepting drop-ins or one day students. Parents are ask to sign-up for a 15 or 20 sessions between August 26 – December 11, 2020. If the student’s school returns to 100% in class-rooms and remote learning ends a full refund will be made on unused days. You can choose to sign-up for 15 or 20; 15 sessions for 95,000 yen/1,266 yen per hour ( includes 10% tax) or 20 sessions for 125,000 yen/1,250 yen per hour (includes 10% tax).
Priority of sign-up will be first come first serve. We will begin the program on Aug 26 with 10 students and add additional students each week to assure safety and quality. The max number students will be 20 students per day.
Registration Process – Four steps
1. Please complete sign-up with basic student and family info below.
2. Choose the 15 or 20 days, and/or Study POD extensions.
3. Once dates are approved, make payment for 15 or 20 days.
4. We will email you a student registration form and social contact to complete within 48 hours.
Safety measures in the study pod:
- There will be no more than 10 students in each unit (two 60 square meter apartments are being converted to the study pod areas), and three teachers.
- Each student will have their own desk and chair. Desks will be wiped down between each session. Bathrooms and study space floors will also be cleaned twice a day.
- All students and teachers will wear masks in the study pod, and have temperatures take at entry.
- All students and teachers will use hand sanitizer when entering the study pod area.
- There will be a 2 meter distance between students when studying at desks.
- There will be one snack time with no drink or food sharing allowed.
Tokyo Study Pod Program
Brighten up your Inbox with the Best Living Japan newsletter and never miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up. Just click here, and enter your email.