One of our favorite days of the year is this Sunday, May 13th – Mother’s Day! We also have a short list of gifts, relaxing outings and places to eat this weekend that Moms will enjoy. Also check out our “Little things Moms in Tokyo Love” post and add your own feedback. Dads and partners you have all week to prepare so don’t let Mom down!! **None of the recommendations below are sponsored – we choose them because we want them ourselves!
(This post contains affiliate links to help keep our content free. For more information, please read our disclosure policy).
Great Handmade Gifts for Mom – A great list of ideas from I Heart Arts n Crafts
Tokyo Mother’s Day – 20+ Delightful Gifts, Outings, and Eats
Tokyo Mothers Day
GREAT GIFTS FOR MOMs –
Pick-up On Saturday or order a gift certificate!
1. Beach Coverup, Bag and Accessories @ Zara – Beach season is almost here! What mom doesn’t want to look stylish on the beach. Love the new selection at Zara.
2. Sun Hats, Umbrellas and Fans @ Tokyu Hands –Moms always love to be prepared for the rain and the sun. Tokyu Hands has some super cute items for Moms’ Day.
3. Makeup Bags and Room Infusers @ Franc Franc – Help Mom feel organized and relaxed in the bathroom with some great accessories.
4. Does Mom like Japanese traditional arts and crafts? How about a beautiful Wall Hanging @ Blue & White.
6. Sandal season has arrived, so a gifted Pedicure@ Boudoir is always a wonderful gift.
7. Manicures are a favorite for any mom, anytime @ Elana Jade in Azabu.
8.Treat mom to a month or year of hair styling sessions @ Jet Set Blow Dry Bar.
9. Massage @ Olive Spa – We love the Olive Spa since there are over 13 locations in central Tokyo and many are open 24 hours! Mom deserves a couple of hours away, even if only down the street!
10. If nothing on this list works for you then Shop the Amazon Mother’s Day Time Sale for a great selection of flowers, sweets, jewelry and more. Order today to get delivered on Saturday in time for Mother`s Day.
Give a Donation **Another great way to give is to gift a donation in Mom’s name. A great team we love to support is World Assistance for Cambodia and Global GLOW which has launched a program called Campaign Cambodia. Campaign Cambodia is a mentorship program that is transforming the lives of girls in rural Cambodia. Learn more about Campaign Cambodia here, attend their Tokyo event on May 18th or donate in Mom’s name! www.cambodiaschools.com and www.globalgirilsglow.org.
Tokyo Mother’s Day
OUTINGS WITH MOM –
After a leisurely brunch moms may enjoy a nice walk in the park, or if Dad can prepare a box lunch a picnic in the park.
11. Nezu Garden – Wander through the paths of the magnificent Japanese garden of the Nezu Museum. A wonderful place to take family photos. The Irises are just starting to bloom.
12. Hamarikyu for Tea and Picnic – This park is massive and a great place for kids to run safely and enjoy a picnic by the water. Try the tea house in the middle of the lake – great value for a matcha and sweet for 500 JPY.
13. Shinjuku Gyoen – One of the largest green oasis in Tokyo and perfect for a family outing. Japanese garden, rose garden and kids hiking all in one spot. The roses are blooming now so a great place to take Mom!
Tokyo Mothers Day
EATING WITH MOM –
Our favorite breakfast/brunch and outside eating locations. Call for reservations!
14. Ivy Place – Our go to for Sunday Brunch in Daikanayama/Nakameguro area.
15. French Kitchen – Reservations are almost impossible to get on Sunday at this point, but how about an early Moms Day on Saturday?
16. Two Rooms – Have a relaxing meal inside or out at this great brunch location in Aoyama. If mom likes mojitos and mimosas, this is the spot!
17. 100 Spoons – A great family-friendly location in Futakotamagawa, located near the river and park for an after meal family outing.
Tokyo Mothers Day
DOES MOM NEED A DAY OFF? Take a soul parent outing while mom relaxes.
Tokyo Mothers Day – Delightful Gifts, Outings, and Eats
Other Great Japan Gift Lists
Great Holiday Gifts From Tokyo Area Artists & Curators! – Shop Today!
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter so you don’t miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.