With four men & boys in our house, I have been researching and shopping at Tokyo Men’s Big and Tall stores for quite a few years. Here is a list of the top locations in Tokyo and also the best online resources (domestic and international). I have shopped at, and on, all of the below-recommended stores so trust you will have success. If you have other recommended locations, please share the information in the comment section below.
Tokyo Men’s Big and Tall Stores
Offline Tokyo Men’s Big and Tall stores (some also have shopping websites)
- Sakazen – Over 30 offline stores around Japan offering both domestic and import – business, casual, sport and shoes and accessories. They also have a Japanese online shopping site that you can get free shipping on orders over 10,800 JPY. Here are the addresses of the three main stores in central Tokyo. Check here for all their stores. The Shibuya and Shinjuku stores also carry women’s larger size clothing.
- Shibuya Sakazen – 29-4, Udagawacho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
- Shinjuku Sakazen – 2-19-13, Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
- Nihonbashi Sakazen – 1-6-10, Nihonbashibakurocho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
- Website: http://www.sakazen.co.jp.e.st.hp.transer.com/
2. Grand-Back Big and Tall – 15 offline stores around Japan with both domestic and import – business, casual, sport and shoes and accessories. They also have a Japanese online shopping site that you can get free shipping on orders over 10,800 JPY. Here are the addresses of the three main stores in the Tokyo/Kanto area. Check here for all their stores. The Shibuya and Shinjuku stores also carry women’s larger size clothing.
- Yurakucho Grand-Back Big and Tall – 1-7-1 Yurakucho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
- Kita Aoyama Grand-Back Big and Tall – 1-2-3 Kita Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo
- Yokohama Grand-Back Big and Tall – 89-1 Yamashitacho, Yokohama shi, Kanagawa-ken
3. Big B (Gotanda) – Specialty store for men’s big size shoes. Good selection of business and sport shoes.
Store Address: ２−４−２ Nishigotanda, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 141-0031
Hours: Open everyday 10:00 – 19:30
Best Overseas Online Men’s Big and Tall stores – all stores below ship to Japan quickly
- Amazon.com Big and Tall Men’s – when you are shopping click on International shipping in left column filter to make sure all the items you are viewing can shipping to Japan. Shipping costs depend on size of order and seller.
- Jcrew Tall Store – Great men’s styles for big teens and adults. 2,000 JPY shipping on orders from US to Japan
- Lands End Big and Tall Store – Well made casual clothing. Shipping depends on size of order
- Nordstrom Big and Tall – Top fashion brands. Shopping depends on size of order
- Target Big and Tall Store – Good go to for casual, PJs and underwear. Shopping depends on size of order
Tokyo Men’s Big and Tall Stores
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter, so you don’t miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.
Great info update! We haven’t looked at these places lately as we used to get inky big, not tall enough. How tall is tall here these days? And should we be calculating in the duty if we ship from the US?
As always, thanks for this!
Hi Cathy, Many of these stores now have 200+ CM sized clothes. Duty of 40% will be charged on leather items. Duty on clothing will depend if the website is collecting in the billing or if they state duty is not included (then you pay when delivered – typically 1.8%). You may also be charged 8% consumption tax if the retailer is not collecting and reporting. Lauren
Hi ..As a newcomer to this city, I thoroughly love your articles ..it gives so much insight to lovely places which i wouldn’t have known otherwise .Thank you so much for that !! i look forward to your articles regularly.
Also I would like to check if you know any stores which have women clothing for the big sizes (I am size XL size of the real world).what would be my options??I understand from your blog that Outlet malls do have bigger sizes but looking for some place in Tokyo.
Hi Priya, We will be publishing an article about larger size women’s shopping in September – sorry still researching. I am a larger size and still buy most of my clothes overseas on trips or via the intranet. Both Amazon and Nordstroms have a good selection and shipping is not too expensive. Glad you are finding the website helpful. Please consider joining us for the Sept 1st or 4th Tokyo Jump Start orientation.