If you are a museum and attraction lover, we highly recommend you invest in the Tokyo Grutto Pass 2020 – also great to buy if you have visitors and you plan to hit many attractions in a short time. Available from April 1, 2020 and for 2200 yen, you can buy a passbook that gives you one-time free or discounted admission to 95 Tokyo museums, zoos, aquariums, etc. for two months from the date of first use. The list of attractions are broken out by Tokyo area and include; the Ueno Area, Imperial Palace Area, Minato/Shibuya/Meguro/Setagaya Area, Shinjuku/Nerima/Ikebukuro/Oji Area, Sumida/Fukagawa/Bay Area, and the Tama Area. Most major museums and attractions are on the list; including some of my favorites – the Edo-Tokyo Museum, the Ueno National Museum, the Bridgestone Museum, the Shitamachi Museum, the Institute for Nature Study, the National Museum of Nature and Science, the Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (Miraikan) and the Fukagawa Edo Museum. Since most museum and attraction entrance tickets run between 600-800 yen on average, you only need to visit a few to get make your investment worth it!
You can purchase the pass at one of the locations listed below. The pass is activated from the first day you use it at any museum or attraction. A start date will be stamped on the cover. From this start date, you have two months to use the Tokyo Grutto Pass 2019. Please remember to sign your name on the pass. The Grutto Pass 2019 will go on sale from April 1, 2019 and can be used until March 31, 2020. Special exhibitions are not free with the pass, but some are covered by a discount. Also note, there is no child version of the Grutto Pass, only adult for 2,200 yen.
Website in Japanese: http://www.rekibun.or.jp/grutto/index.html
Where to buy the Tokyo Grutto Pass 2020
The Tokyo Grutto Pass 2019 can be purchased at the participating 95 facilities, or at the following locations:
- Tokyo Tourist Information Center (1st floor of Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building)
- LIBRO Shiodome SIO-SITE, LIBROChofu
- PARCO Book Center Shibuya, PARCO Book Center Kichijoji
- Ueno Park Information
- Asakusa Culture Tourist Information Center
- TIC TOKYO (Nihonbashi Exit of Tokyo Station)
- Tokyo Chuo City Tourist Information Center (KYOBASHI EDOGRAND),etc.
Also available online and at some convenience stores if you can read/write/speak Japanese From APRIL 1, 2020:
- Lawson Tickets(Ｌコード：31986)
- Eplus Tickets
- Seven-Eleven/Family Mart/MiniStop (JTB商品コード0250592)
- Passes are non-refundable. (No exchanges, extension of validity under any circumstances, including natural disasters.)
- The pass cannot be used together with other discounts.
- Not valid if the front cover or tickets or ticket stubs are detached from booklet or doctored.
- Not valid without a legible expiration date. Passes are non-transferable.
- Please contact each facility for details of discounts and exhibitions.
- Please check each discount rate when children and seniors (65 years & older) visit facilities.
Tokyo Grutto Pass 2020
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter so you don’t miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.