Moms are sharing Corona Virus Tokyo & Yokohama Closures (COVID-19 Tokyo Closures). As of March 21st, 2020 the government is optimistic that the Virus bullet was dodged in Japan and has announced the reopening of schools and attractions in April. Attractions are gradually opening in Japan, but check the list below before heading out. Parks are good for visiting, but parents are wary of allowing play on the equipment. A lot of time for bonding at home over art projects, reading, and yes, “homeschooling”. Please add any additional and new Tokyo closures below. Before you head out anywhere check the attractions website to be 100% sure. We will update this list frequently over the next few weeks. Most public parks and gardens are still open but guided tours and onsite museums may be cancelled and closed – our favorites this time of year are Koishikawa Park (near Tokyo Dome), Hamarikyu Park (Minao-ku), Showa Park (Tachikawa) and Kiyosumi Gardens. *Please remember to wash your hands.
What is closed in Tokyo & Yokohama due to the Corona Virus / COVID-19 concerns (コロナウイルスのために東京と横浜で閉鎖されているアトラクション)
Some of our favorite places to take our kids in Tokyo are temporary closed!
5. Tondemi Athletic Center – REOPENED March 15, 2020 (limited hours 10:00 – 15:0o, and temperature checks at entry)
9. Design 21-21 – Closed Feb 27 – March 31 2020 Closure Details in English Presently schedule to open April 1st.
14. Kabuki Performance are canceled for March 2020
16. TeamLab Borderless and Planets – Closed Feb 29 – Re-Opening To Be Announced Detail in English here about opening and ticket refunds
32. Tokyo Metropolitan Underground Water Control Center – closed 2/29 – 3/24
33. All Day Home locations – closed 3/1 – 3/31
34. Nakameguro Cherry Blossom Festival – closed 3/20 – 4/10 *You can go to the river for a walk and see the cherry blossoms, but the festival is canceled.
35. Tokyo Sky Tree Observation Deck, Aquarium and Planetarium) – closed until further notice. Closure details in English
38. Snoopy Museum Tokyo – closed 2/29 – March 31st Closure details in English
39. Toyosu Fish Market – closed 2/29 – 3/31 Closure details in English
40. Tokyo National Museum – closed until further notice Closure details in English
Saitama Closures due to Corona Virus COVID-19
Pocky Factory – Closed for all of March 2020
Yokohama Closures due to Corona Virus COVID-19
Hiroshima Preventive COVID-19 Closures
1. Hiroshima Peace Museum – Closed until March 29, 2020 Closure info in English
WHAT IS OPEN as of latest updates?
- Shibuya Virtual Reality – OPEN reservations here
- LegoLand Discovery Center– OPEN but time shorted from 11:00 – 16:00 until April 4th English info here
- FujiQ Amusement Park – RE-OPENED Closure Details in English FujiQ reopened the Outdoor attractions, Outdoor Skating Rink and some food and drink facilities. Indoor attractions are still closed.
- Tondemi Athletic Center – RE-OPENED March 15, 2020 (limited hours 10:00 – 15:0o, and temperature checks at entry)
- Little Planet – RE-OPENED March 19 Closure details in Japanese
- Yomirui Land Amusement Park – RE-OPENEDd 3/23 Closure details in Japanese 28 outside attractions have been reopened. Indoor attractions are closed until March 31.
- .Oedo Onsen in Odaiba – OPEN
- Amazing World – RE-OPENED March 20 Details in Japanese
- City Wave (Shinagawa) – OPEN
- Sporu Shinagawa Oimachi (Shinagawa) – OPEN
- EST Glow in the Dark Bowling – OPEN
- Tokyo Tower – OPEN (One Piece Museum and Trick Art closed until March 28th)
- Meiji Jingu Shrine – OPEN
- Shinjuku Gyoen National Park – OPEN
- Fuji Safari Park (Shizuoka) – OPEN
- Odawara Castle, Samurai Museum and Ninja Museum – OPEN
- Space Museum TenQ – OPEN, but reduced open times. Weekdays: 11: 00-20: 00 (last entry 19:00) , Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays: 10: 00- 20:00 (last entry 19:00)
- Samurai Museum – OPEN
- Rollerskating at the Tokyo Dome – OPEN
- Spa La Qua – open
- Tokyo Toy Museum – open however limited to 300 participants
- Flystation (Saitama) – open Facebook page
- Tokyo Solamachi – open however some stores are closed. Closure details in Japanese
- Showa Park and Bike Rental – open (some of the exhibits are closed but play area is open. Details here in Japanese
- Mothers Farm (Chiba) – open
What is OPEN in Yokohama
Tokyo & Yokohama Closures Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19 Tokyo Closures)
IMPORTANT LINKS FOR UPDATED INFORMATION ON
Corona Virus (COVID-19)
World Health Organization
Center of Disease Control (USA)
Worldometer statistics and updates
COVID-19 Coronavirus Test Locations in Japan (in Japanese).
Japanese government news (English version)
Please call 050-3816-2787 if you feel you have the following symptoms…
– 37.5 fever for 4 or more days
– Difficulty breathing
Multilingual coronavirus hotlines in Japan
Brighten up your Inbox with the Best Living Japan newsletter and never miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up. Just click here, and enter your email.