NOTE: Sanrio Puroland (Hello Kitty Land) will close temporarily from Saturday, February 22 until Thursday, March 12th, 2020. The temporary closure is a precautionary measure with respect to the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19).
Sanrio Puroland is an adorable indoor amusement park for Sanrio character fans, young children and adults who are kids at heart. You are surrounded by cute food and attractions, and dynamic, well-produced shows. Our favorites were the 10 minute boat cruise that goes through a cave filled with singing and dancing Sanrio characters (similar to the `it`s a small world` boat ride at Tokyo Disney); the 25 minute Miracle Gift Parade which features the Sanrio characters, dancers and artists spinning on ribbons suspended from the ceiling with an amazing light show, and the adorable food with character lunch cases to take home. Hello Kitty fans will love the meet-and-greet at Hello Kitty`s house, and Sanrio fans will love the shows, games and photo ops with Sanrio characters. A lovely theme park surrounded by all things cute and lovable.
- Purchase discounts tickets online via Voyagin or Klook (trusted partners).
- If visiting with baby consider bringing a baby sling or similar. There are a lot of stairs. You can leave your stroller at the 3rd floor Information Counter or marked areas on the 3rd and 4th floors when visiting.
- Note the parade and show times and grab a seat early. Show times in Japanese. The Miracle Gift Parade is usually after lunch from 13:00 and again from 16:30.
- Blanket or plastic sheet – You will want to find a good spot for the Miracle Gift Parade and save some space. If you don’t have a blanket or sheet people will sit on top of you.
- Bottled water – Bring your own.
- Bandaids and antiseptic – Lots of running and tumbling so better safe than sorry. Easier to have your supplies than to have to wait in line at the first aid station 1F.
- Pen to write name and phone number on your child’s arm in case they get lost.
- If visiting on your birthday month visit the Information counter on the 3rd Floor to receive a special birthday card to hang around your child`s neck. They will get special Sanrio stickers from the staff.
- Free Wifi at Puroland. SSID: PUROLAND_Wi-Fi
- Restrooms have diaper-changing tables, and the Baby Center has nursing rooms, children’s toilets, hot water machine and more.
- Parking garage is located in the basement of Puroland. Charge is 1500 yen per car. 1200 yen if arriving after 13:00.
- Go to Sanrio Puroland early then spend the late afternoon in the surrounding Tama Center. It`s a nice place to walk around, eat and shop.
- You can leave and re-enter Puroland on Weekends and Special Holidays.
For more fun visit our list of Top Theme Parks in Japan.
Sanrio Puroland Floor Guide
3F Entrance / Exit Hall: Largest Souvenir Shop on right and Information Counter on left.
2F Sanrio Character Boat Ride, Lady Kitty House and Twinkling Tour, Game Center, Caricature stand and souvenir shops
1F Marchen Theater, Entertainment hall, Fairyland Theater, Discovery Theater, Food Court, My Melody Drive and more.
4F Restaurant pavilion, Sanrio Rainbow World Restaurant, Cinnamoroll Dream Cafe and souvenir shop.
Sanrio Puroland, Tama Details:
Address: 1-31 Ochiai, Tama, Tokyo
Hours: Monday – Friday 10:00 – 17:00; Saturday & Sunday 9:00 – 18:00 ** Note extended hours and early/late open depends on the day. Please check the website for changes in hours and special closures.
Fees: Weekday Passport Adults (18 years and over) 3,300 yen; Children (aged 3 – 17 years) 2,500 yen. Saturday, Sunday, Public & School Holidays recognized by Sanrio Puroland – Adults (18 years and over) 3,800 yen; Children (aged 3 – 17 years) 2,700 yen.
Access: By Train – From Shinjuku station take the Keio Line to Chofu then transfer to the Keio Sagamihara Line to Tama Center Station. Puroland is a 7 minute walk from Tama Center Station. By Car Approx 8km from Chuo Expressway Kunitachi-Fuchu Interchange; Approx 19km from Tomei Expressway Yokohama Machida Interchange; Approx. 18 km from Ken-O Expressway Sagamihara Aikawa IC.
Sanrio Puroland, Tama – Tips and Discounts before your Visit