PuChu! is a new indoor play center located on the 4th floor of the AsoBuild building, two floors above the Poop Museum, near Yokohama Station. They have 7 stations to play in and 5 zones;
1. The Dance Star – kids jump on mini sound producing trampolines.
2. The Vision Star – kids can play with 3 dimensional wooden puzzles and toys
3. Music Star – play various instruments (drums, guitar, xylophone, maracas, tamborine), move the hanging poles to make sounds and speak through the weaving pipes to see which pipe changes the sound of your voice.
4. Heart Star – play on a teeter totter and a heart ball pool, take Instagrammable photos
5. Art Star – create different designs on a wall / play with a digital wall on the reverse side
6. Life star – pull out various veggies to hear animal sounds and noises
7. Book Star – Wall of books with infinity mirror at the end
1. Mama Terrace – parents can relax on jumbo pillows
2. Warp Zone – kids can ride a UFO from one station to another
3. Rainbow Cosmos – play in a ball pool, climb a net tunnel, slide down a digital slide, jump on the planet Saturn
4. Baby Park – 0 – 18 months area with age appropriate toys
5. Mini Maze – follow the path to find 3 push buttons. 1 blows air, another makes the floor vibrate and the last one makes a cat sound.
PuChu staff are there to entertain your kids and will sing the PuChu theme song when the lights go down (every 30 minutes).
How to Purchase Tickets
You can purchase tickets on the 1st floor of the AsoBuild Building or purchase online. I recommend buying online as you can skip the ticket line and head straight for the PuChu elevator. At the elevator they have staff who will check your online purchase via the PuChu website then they will hand you a print out and send you up to the 4th floor.
Once you exit the 4th floor elevators you`ll walk to the front desk to have your time ticket printed out and listen to instructions. Sign a paper stating you understand basic rules (no food or alcohol, watch your kids, be careful of others, etc) then take off your shoes before you enter the facility. They have lockers for shoes and larger storage lockers.
DD and I paid 3240 yen for 90 minutes of play. Note PuChu`s target age is 0 -12 years old (recommended age 0-8 years old) however I recommend up to age 4-5 for this spot. We stayed for an hour, but my 5 year old had her fill in 30 min.
PuChu! AsoBuild Yokohama Details:
Address: 2-14-9 Takashima, Nishi-ku Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa AsoBuild Building 4F
Hours: 10:00 a.m. – 19:30 p.m. (Last Entry 18:00) *There is no car or bicycle parking.
Access: 2 minutes on foot from the East Exit of Yokohama Station.
Directions: From the EAST Exit of Yokohama Station walk past the Lumine store then turn right. Go up the short escalators and turn right. You’ll see the post office ahead of you. Walk to the right up the narrow walkway towards the station. The Asobuild Building is on your left.
Yokohama is a great place to play with your family!
PuChu! Indoor Play Center, Yokohama