If you`re planning on visiting Osaka and plan to see as much as you can we recommend purchasing the Osaka Amazing Pass 2019.
What is it?
The Osaka Amazing Pass 2019 offers complimentary admission to 50 facilities, coupons for discounts and benefits, and unlimited bus and train rides for the duration of the pass. Available now till April 30, 2020 the Osaka Convention and Tourism Bureau offers two types; the one day pass (2,700 JPY) or the two day pass (3,600 JPY), as well as a Guidebook and TOKU x 2 coupons to receive special offers from shops, restaurants and facilities. Many popular attractions are on the list including some of our favorites; Tennoji Zoo, Osaka Castle Museum, Tsutenkaku Tower, Tombori River Cruise, Museum of Housing and Living, SPA World and Legoland. They are also offering an Expo’70 Commemorative Park Edition (3,200 JPY) which offers benefits and access around the Expo’70 Commemorative Park area.
How does it work?
The pass works from 5am the day you use the ticket to 4:59am the following day (not 24 hours from the first use) so best to use early that morning. Present the pass at the counter of the facilities to enter. Note free admission to each facilities is limited to once per facility. For subways and buses place in the ticket machine just like a regular ride ticket.
Where to purchase the Osaka Amazing Pass 2019
The pass can be purchased at over 60 locations; Osaka`s municipal transportations bureaus, tourist information centers, private railways, hotels, and overseas. Here is the full list.
- Credit cards are accepted at the Tourist Information Centers marked with ◎. Please have cash on hand if not marked.
- Passes are for adults. Most venues are free for young children or already discounted.
- Children up to age 6 can ride free on municipal trains and buses. Fares for children between 6 – 12 years of age vary by zone. 12 years and older are charged adult fare. Train Fare chart below.
Zone 1 Zone 2 Zone 3 Zone 4 Zone 5 Adult 180 JPY 240 JPY 280 JPY 320 JPY 370 JPY Child 90 JPY 120 JPY 140 JPY 160 JPY 190 JPY
- Buses charge a flat rate of 210 JPY per adult and 110 JPY per child.
- Some facilities may have maintenance periods or closures so best to plan your itinerary and check the websites before your visit.
Is the Osaka Amazing Pass a Good Value?
Yes. We recovered the full price of the pass and visited more places. Entrance tickets run between 600 – 1,000 yen on average. You only need to visit a few to get make your investment worth it! Visit the Osaka Amazing Pass website for the full facilities list.
Valid date: April 1, 2019 – April 30, 2020
Osaka Amazing Pass 2019 – Complimentary or discounted admission to 50 facilities
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter so you don’t miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.