Shopping in a Japanse supermarket can be overwhelming, but navigating the cleaning aisle can be a search in dispiriting. Don’t struggle any longer. I have probably tested every cleaning product in Japan and here is my recommend Must Have Top 10 Japanese Cleaning Products. If you miss your favourite home brand you might be able to find at Costco or one of the International Supermarkets but expect to pay very high prices since it costs so much to ship the products to Japan. There are some really good products in Japan so give these a try. All of these can be purchased on Amazon.co.jp so don’t wait stock-up today and get cleaning! If you are looking for Mold prevention and killing products check here. Also all our favorite Japan laundry products are here.
If you have a recommended cleaning product in Japan please let us know below.
(This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please read our disclosure policy).
Must Have Top 10 Japanese Cleaning Products
1. Bleach – My most favourite go-to product. Have to admit I love bleach – the smell, the impact, everything. キッチンハイター 台所用漂白剤 特大サイズ 2500ml (Amazon about 680 JPY).
3. All purpose spray surface cleaner – マジックリン 台所用洗剤 液体 ハンディスプレ 400ml (Amazon about 390 JPY). Made for kitchen, but can be used on multi surfaces. Had good grease cutting functionality.
4. Cream scrubbing cleanser – ジフ クリームクレンザー 270ml×4個セット (Set of four bottles for 700-800 JPY). This is a great product if you need to scrub a counter tops (Corina, plastics, granite or ceramic). Also very good for putting shine back into stainless sinks.
5. Mold killer “Kabi Killer” – Great to have on hand especially between the month of April – October when humidity and heat at high and told loves to grow. Very strong odor so use in well vented room. Great in bathrooms, spray on hold and let sit for 10-15 mins and rinse with water. . カビキラー 特大サイズ 本体 ( 1,000 gram fluid, approximately 800 yen).
6. Toilet cleaner – スクラビングバブル 超強力 トイレクリーナー3 bottle set
(400 x3 grams for about 1,000 JPY). Gel that you can squirt inside of the toilet bowl and leave for a few mins before flushing.
7. Floor cleaner – フローリングマジックリン フロア用掃除道具 つや出しスプレー 本体 400ml (about 450-500 JPY) Spray where you need to clean with a wet cloth or mop.
8. Carpet and upolstery cleaner – I have not had much luck with Japanese carpet cleaners, so am recommending Dr. Beckmans. It can also be used on sofa upholstery.Comes with an attached scrub brush. ドクターベックマン シミとり カーペット/布製ソファ カーペットステインリムーバー ペットの汚れ・消臭 650ml (about 1,300 JPY)
9. Pipe and drain cleaner – 小林製薬のかんたん洗浄丸 お徳用20錠 (20 tablets for approximately 400-500 JPY) I don’t know why but my drains in Japan give off a strange smell when the temps get warmer, so I have started using this pipe and drain cleaner about once a month to keep the smell away. Just plop on in your sink, toilet or bath drain with a bit of water and let it sit for about 30-60 mins. Seems to keep everything clean and running smoothly.If your pipe is really clogged try this.
10. Magic Sponge – 激落ちくん ( メラミンスポンジ ) (Two sponges for approximately 300 JPY) I use theses white sponges everyday to remove tough counter stains, skid marks on the floors and marks on walls. You do not need soap, just water and scrub. They are similar to the US Magic Eraser Sponge. A must have in our house.
Must Have Top 10 Japanese Cleaning
Please see our top-rated posts on Japanese products and how-to guides:
How to send money in Japan (Furikomi)
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter, so you don’t miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.