Move! into the Wild Life @ Miraikan (The National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation) is one of our recommended Winter 2017-2018 Tokyo Museum Exhibits for Families, a fun exhibition that kids will love. There are four activities, photo ops and interactive exhibits that will keep your kids entertained. The four activities include; 1) Become a basilisk lizard and run on water 2) become a bug 3) dress up as a penguin and slide into a sharks mouth and 4) zebra hunt. Note a life-like Dinosaur roars and roams the floor at 11:30~/13:30~/15:30 for 15-20 minutes at a time on certain days. Please view the dinosaur schedule here http://zukan-move.kodansha.co.jp/nareru/special/
- Purchase tickets in advance for weekend/holiday visits. It`s a popular exhibit. You`ll want to avoid waiting in a long line at the ticket booth out in the cold.
- There is a wait for each activity. On busy days the wait can be 45 minutes of longer. Prepare your children and take something to keep them busy.
- Each activity requires you to remove your shoes. Wear easy on easy off shoes for both you and your children.
- Miraikan has a cafe on the 5th floor and cafeteria on the 6th floor. Grab a quick lunch then head to the 4th floor Curiosity Field. 45 min of free activities for kids!
- Nursing room is located on next to the 5th floor cafe.
While you`re there visit our Odaiba attractions and restaurant recommendations.
Miraikan (The National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation) Details
Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 – Sunday, April 8, 2018
Address: 2-3-6 Aomi, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0064
Hours: 10:00-17:00(admission ends 30 min. before hall closing)
Admission cost: Adult (Ages 19 & over) 1,900 JPY; Junior (Ages 7 to ages 18) 1,300 JPY; Child (Ages 4 to ages 6) 1,000 JPY.
Closed: Tuesdays, November 15, New Year’s Holidays (12/28 – 1/1)
Access: Tokyo Waterfront New Transit Yurikamome(Shimbashi-Toyosu); 5 minutes from “Funeno-Kagakukan station”; 4 minutes from “Telecom Center station”; Tokyo Waterfront area Rapid Transit Rinkai Line(Shin-kiba－Ohsaki); 15 minutes from “Tokyo Teleport station”; Tokyo Metropolitan(Toei) bus; 1 minute from “Nippon Kagaku Miraikan Mae”.
Exhibition Website (Japanese Only): http://zukan-move.kodansha.co.jp/
Move! into the Wild Life Exhibition at the Miraikan
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter so you don’t miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.