Here are our May 11 & 12, 2019 Tokyo Weekend Family Events and Activities recommendations. This Sunday is Mother`s Day. Treat your mom to something nice; enjoy breakfast brunch together, book her a massage at Olive Spa or gift her a Best Living Japan Studio Class. If the above doesn`t work buy her something she`ll love on the Amazon Mother’s Day Time Sale.They have a great selection of flowers, sweets, jewelry and more. Order today to get delivered on Saturday in time for Mother`s Day.
*** May 11 & 12, 2019 Tokyo Weekend Family Events and Activities ***
1.Tokyo International Children’s Choir -Mother’s Day Concert (Roppongi, Sunday, May 12th 2:00pm) – My daughter (age six) join the Tokyo International Children’s Choir (TICC) this year and LOVES it! If your elementary or middle school child loves singing, I highly recommend you consider joining from September. There will be a performance on Sunday, May 12th at the Franciscan Chapel Center in Roppongi @ 14:00. Come see the fun for yourself, and support the kids. A free Best Living Japan birthday party for 12 will be raffled, as well as many other great prizes.
2. St Mary`s International School Spring Carnival (Seta, Setagaya) – St. Mary’s International School will hold its annual Spring Carnival on Saturday, May 11th from 9:00 – 16:30 (Rain or Shine!). There will be games, entertainment, food, raffle and much more! Enter a raffle to win great prizes!
Date & Time: Saturday, May 11, 2019 from 9:00 – 16:30 (Rain or Shine!)
Address: 1-6-19 Seta, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo
Access: 10 minutes from Kaminoge or 13 minutes from Futagotamagawa Station.
3. American Embassy Housing Compound Sidewalk Sale (Roppongi, Tokyo) – This annual sidewalk sale is a fun one-day event to shop for American goods which include used books, clothing, and household items. Great place to find a bargain. Open to the public but bring photo-IDs to enter. Since this event is at the American Embassy compound, there are some rules to attend. Please note:
・Only GREW GATE ENTRANCE will be opened.
・All bags will be inspected when entering.
・Photo-ID required for admittance. (Children 12 and above should have photo ID)
・Please be considerate of our neighbors, strictly no parking!
・No Parking is available.
・No Pets Allowed.
・No Smoking inside the compound.
Address: US embassy staff quarters, 2-1-1, Roppongi , Minato-ku, Tokyo
4. Cinco de Mayo 2019 at Arakawa Amusement Park – The 7th annual Cindo de Mayo event will be held at Arakawa Amusement Park with live entertainment, special Cindo de Mayo drinks and international food from all over the world including Mexico, Peru, Brazil, Chile, Jamaica, Colombia, North, Central and South America.
Address: 8-1-1 Nishiogu, Arakawa-ku, Tokyo
Dates and Hours: Saturday & Sunday, May 11 & 12, 2019 10:00 – 18:00
Cost: Free entry, pay as you eat and drink
Access: 2 minutes walk from Arakawa Yuenchi Mae Station.
5. 20th Annual Thai Festival (Yoyogi/Harajuku) – This is one of the biggest and most popular festivals held in Yoyogi Park each year. If you love Thailand, Thai food, beverages, music, dancing and hospitality you will have a great time a this festival. Definitely one of my must attend festival. Say Yum!
Thai Festival Details
Event Date & Time: Saturday & Sunday, May 12 & 13, 2019 10:00-20:00
Address: Yoyogi Park, 2-3 Jingu Mae, Shibuya-ku
Cost: Free entrance
Access: 5 min walk from Harajuku station on the Yamanote line
Website: http://www.thaifestival.jp/ (Japanese and Thai language only)
6. Antique Hunting: There are five great fairs to visit in Tokyo this weekend; O-Edo Antique Market (International Forum, Yurakucho), Gokokuji Antique Fair (Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo), Fussa Shichifukujin Antique Fair (Fussa, Tokyo), Fuda Tenjin Shrine Antique Fair (Chofu), Tomioka Hachimangu Shrine Antique Fair (Koto-ku, Tokyo), and the Hanazono Shrine Antique Fair (Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo). Details can be found on our May 2019 Tokyo Antique and Flea Markets. Happy Hunting!
May 11 & 12, 2019 Tokyo Weekend Family Events and Activities
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter so you don’t miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.