Here are our recommended March 16th & 17th, 2019 Tokyo Weekend Family Events and Activities. Congrats to those celebrating Japanese school graduation this weekend and next week! There are some great festivals this weekend to enjoy with the family, let’s hope the amazing weather will hold out! Maybe the Luck of the Irish will be with us. – Best Living Japan Moms
P.S. Explore different neighborhoods with our One Day Itineraries in Tokyo with Kids. Staying in Tokyo over Spring Break? Venture out and escape the city with these Top Recommended Family Friendly Day Trips from Tokyo or widdle down must see/do/eat items on our Tokyo Bucket List. Laugh, Learn and Live!
1. The annual Tokyo Union Church Flea Market starts today, Thursday, March 14th until Saturday, March 16th, 2019. If you are looking for English books, kids toys, clothes and home goods, this is the place to shop. We recommend you go as early as possible since people line up for this amazing flea market. More details –>
- Th., March 14 – 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Fri., March 15 – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., including bake sale!
- Sat., March 16 – 10 a.m. to 12 noon
2. International School of the Sacred Heart (Hiroo) – Saturday, March 16th, 2019 from 10:00 – 16:00 (rain or shine!). This is the first Spring festival of the season. A great festival which is open to the public. This festival has it all; games, raffles, used book sale, music, food, drinks, tots playground, as well as a shopping bazaar selling a great array of items. FREE entry. Tickets for food, drink and games will be available on the day. Stop by Best Living – domodomo Japan booth and say hello!
Date & Time: Saturday, March 16th, 2019 from 10:00 – 16:00
Address: 4-3-1 Hiroo, Shibuya-ku
Access: Easy to access from Hiroo station Exit 3 on the Hibiya line.
3. The Annual Tokyo St. Patrick`s Day Parade (Omotesando) – This is Japan’s biggest St. Patrick`s Day Parade. Not to be missed on Sunday, March 17th from 13:00 – 15:00 in Omotesando. Every year you can watch and participate in the parade in Omotesando. The Tokyo parade is organized by the Irish Network Japan (INJ). Don on your green, get out and celebrate. The 6th Annual I Love Ireland Festival will be held on Saturday and Sunday. This event is free and a real kid pleaser. I personally believe one of the best Tokyo Family Activities this Spring. Last year over 35,000 people attended and this year is expected to be even bigger. Join for an awesome day of fun, food and festivities.
Event Dates & Times: Saturday, March 17, 2019 13:00-15:00
I Love Ireland Festival
Event Dates & Times: Saturday, March 16th 10: 00-18: 00
Event Dates & Times: Sunday, March 17th 10: 00-18: 00 (scheduled for time)
4. Tokyo Outdoor Weekend (Koto-ku) – Fun event for the sports loving family. Over 30 booths from top sports apparel and equipment brands, craft booths, live performances, food and sports workshops (including Frisbee, cycling and skateboarding).
Tokyo Outdoor Show Details
Event Dates: Saturday, March 16th & Sunday, March 17, 2017 10:00 – 17:00
Admission: Advance tickets 700 yen / day ticket 1,000 yen. JH & HS Students 500 JPY. Elementary school age or younger Free
Event Address: Tokyo area Koto Akai temporary parking lot P section. Aoyama 1-chome, Koto-ku, Tokyo
Access: 6 minute walk from Yurikamome “Daiba station” or 10 minutes from the “Tokyo Teleport Station” on the Rinkai Line.
Website: http://www.tokyooutdoorshow.jp (Japanese language only)
5. Akasaka Mama Sacas 2019 (Akasaka): Many activities for young kids at the annual Sacas Spring event at the TBS Broadcast Center Arena. We visited last year and had so much fun. Open to the public this event showcases a number of free activities; Fuji Safari Park Mobile Zoo March 15, 16, 22, 23, 29 and 30 from 10:00-16:00 (ages 3yrs +); phys ed grassy area, natural custard tasting booth, labyrinth, and striders. While you`re in the area visit our Tokyo One Day Itinerary: The Akasaka Area with Kids
Akasaka Mama Sacas Spring 2019 Event Details:
Date: Friday, March 15 – Sunday, March 31
Time of Event: 10:00-17:00
Address: TBS Broadcast Center, 5-3-6 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo (TBS放送センター, 東京都港区赤坂5-3-6)
Access: Akasaka Station, A 7 min walk from Temeikesanno station exit #7 or an 8 min walk from Akasakamitsuke
6. The 26th Emerald Ball Tokyo – Saturday, March 16th, 2019
The Emerald Ball Tokyo 2019 is a commemorative event of the 60th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Ireland and Japan.アイルランド‐日本 外交関係樹立60周年記念行事 Please join us on 16th March 2019 at the spectacular
Hotel Gajoen for a special evening of fun and entertainment to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Japan.
26th Emerald Ball Details
Event Date: Saturday, March 16th, 2019
Time: 18:30 – midnight
Venue: Hotel Gajoen Tokyo, 1-8-1 Shimomeguro, Meguro, Tokyo 153-0064
Participation Fee: early bird (before January 31) price 26,000 JPY per seat, regular 28,000 JPY. Per table of 10 is 25,000 JPY. Request tickets via email at email@example.com
Dress Code: Green Tie, Formal Dress
March 16th & 17th, 2019 Tokyo Weekend Family Events and Activities
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter so you don’t miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.