Legoland Japan is high on our list of TOP Theme Parks in Japan. Legoland Japan opened their first outdoor theme park for children aged 2 through 12 and their families in Nagoya 2017 and the Legoland Hotel and Sea Life in 2018. The park, built on 9 hectares, is filled with over 40 rides and attractions, seven different themed lands (Lego City, Adventure land, Miniland, Knight`s Kingdom, Pirate Shores, Bricktopia and Duplo Village), LEGO models to play and build with, 17 million LEGO bricks and 10,000 LEGO models. A much smaller version of Legoland San Diego, but enough to keep your active kids entertained and building all day.
They have a number of restaurants and snack options for hungry families; the Coral Reef Pizza and Pasta Buffet, Brick House Burgers, Chicken diner, Knight`s Table and Factory Sandwich Co as well as a number of snack shops located a few minutes walk from each other.
We visited on a weekday and waited less than 5 minutes per ride. Our kids loved the water rides, Lego driving school, the observation tower where you get an overhead view of the Legoland Park and Nagoya Area, various station where you could build lego, Pharaoh`s revenge where kids can vacuum and shoot foam balls, underwater submarine ride with Lego figures, sharks and fish, and interactive Miniland built with over 10 million lego blocks where you can see all the famous locations in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Nagoya.
LEGOLAND JAPAN TIPS:
– Buy tickets online via Voyagin or Klook (trusted partners) or the Legoland Website and avoid the queues. A 1 day pass for adults (off-peak day) is 4,500 JPY (ages 13 and up); 3,300 JPY for children (ages 3 – 12); free for babies and toddlers up to age 2.
– If coming by car, park in lot A which is closest to Maker`s Pier and Legoland. Maker`s Pier is a brand new shopping walkway located between the parking lot and Legoland with restaurants, shops, small playground and Game Center.
– If planning to ride water rides take a light rain poncho or a change of clothes especially when riding the Splash Battle as spectators can aim and shoot water guns at riders.
– Older kids might enjoy the LEGO Robotics Class. The Robotic Play Center offers a 45-minute workshop to teach computer programming to children, using the latest Lego robot model. Sign up early. Spaces go fast.
– Dress your child in bright clothing and use a pen to write your name and phone number on your child’s arm in case they get lost.
– Take a hat, sunscreen, handy wipes and tissues.
– Map & Plan: Print out the Legoland map the night before and schedule your day based on performance and rides.
– If staying the weekend visit Legoland one day then the SC Maglev and Railway Park the next. The SCMaglev and Railway Park is a 12 minute walk from Legoland.
– We recommend going if children are at least 90cm to ride. However there is still lots to do if less than 90cm.
– Cannot take food or drink into the park. Bags are checked at entrance.
– Keep your tickets handy for photo ops. Scan your tickets to find your photos.
– Stroller rental available for 1,000 JPY
– Nursing station with bottle warmer, diaper changing tables and restroom available.
SUGGESTIONS ON PLACES TO STAY:
– Stay at one of the Bed & Brick Legoland Official Partner Hotels near Nagoya Station.
– Kanayama Hotel, a modern and family-friendly hotel located a 3 minute train ride from Nagoya Station.
– If driving take a long weekend and stay at the Nagashima Spa land Amusement Park and Resort – a 15 minute drive from Legoland.
Legoland Japan Details
Address: 〒455-8605 Aichi-ken, Nagoya-shi, Minato-ku, Kinjōfutō, 2丁目2−1
Business Hours: Weekdays 10:00 – 17:00; Saturday & Sunday 10:00 – 18:00; Holidays 10:00 – 19:00
Access: From Shinagawa Station by train: Take the Nozomi / Hikari Shinkansen to Nagoya Station (1 hr 30 min). Then take the Aonami Line to Kinjofuto Station (30 min). Legoland is 3 minutes on foot. By Car: Immediately off the Isewangan Expressway Meikochuo Interchange.
Legoland Japan Outdoor Theme Park, Nagoya
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter so you don’t miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.