Need to be pampered or know a woman who does? Jet Set Blow Dry Bar, the first of its kind in Japan, opened on October 8th, 2014 in Minami Azabu, Minato-Ku. What is a blow dry bar? As any woman from L.A. or N.Y.C. knows it is a hair salon where you can get a shampoo, head massage and blow dry styling while enjoying a relaxing drink. Jet Set’s goal is to ensure that all women enjoy and relax in the salon, and walk out feeling pampered and beautiful inside and out. Jet Set is a great place to start your girls night out!
Long term Japan resident Julia Spotswood is the founder. She is extremely excited to open the doors to her new business and pamper you. Julia saw the blow dry bar business model growing in L.A. and N.Y.C. a few years ago and immediately thought the service would do well in Japan. Julia has found the perfect 1st location and a great staff of qualified and experienced stylists. Julia said, “I want everyone woman to feel the taste of luxury. I want every woman to have a spring in their step when they leave and feel they have been treated well”.
I had the luxury of experiencing Jet Set last week and enjoyed the entire experience. The salon is very conveniently located near Hiroo station. The salon’s space is very open and inviting. Relax and be treated to a drink (wine, mimosa, etc., and many non-alcohol beverages). All of the stylists speak English, but you can also use the style card (see below) to help you explain what look you would like. The shampoo and blow dry take 45 mins so just sit back and enjoy your drink. You can also opt in for a 15 min head massage for an extra fee. Jet Set will also be offering some special hair and make-up sets before major events such as the British School Tokyo ball, Nishimachi auction, Hands On Tokyo, etc. (check with Julia on what events will be supported).
- Investment: 3,950 yen for a shampoo, blow-dry and one drink which is a nice 45 min pamper
- Location: 5 min walk from Hiroo station, public parking-lot right next door
- Child friendliness: children are welcome, but I would leave at home
- Toilets: yes
Jet Set Blow Dry Bar Details:
- Service fee: 3,950 yen for 45 min shampoo and blow, extra fee for head massage
- Address: 4-5-65 Minami Azabu, Minato ku, Tokyo (106-0047 東京都港区南麻布4-5-65)
- Phone: 03-6447-7441
- Business Hours: Monday – Saturday 10:00 – 19:00. Closed on Sundays and Holidays
- Website: http://jetsetdrybar.com/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/jetsetdrybar
- Reservation website: http://www.secure-booker.com/jetsethiroo/MakeAppointment/Search.aspx
Jet Set Blow Dry Bar, Hiroo
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter, so you don’t miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.