Here are our recommended February 2 – 3, 2019 Tokyo Weekend Family Events and Activities. Looks like clear weather! Venture out by visiting some of our favorite Tokyo Day Trips, Ski/Snowboard Resorts near Tokyo or go Strawberry Picking to name a few. Also a great weekend for exploring neighborhoods with our Tokyo One Day itineraries or checking out our activities lists by ages; Baby & Toddlers, Kindy & Elementary, Tweens & Teens. Laugh, Learn and Live!~ Lauren & Sandra
1. The Yokohama Strawberry Festival begins today and will run through Monday, February 11th at the Red Brick Warehouse. This popular event draws strawberry lovers from near and far so if you want to score some good free sample get their early – opens at 11:00. There will be strawberry tasting, workshops and art projects for the kids. While in the area I recommend you visit some of our families favorites in Yokohama – CupNoodle Museum, Cosmo World Amusement Park, Overseas Migration Museum, Zoorasia, Kodomo no Kuni or the Anpanman Museum. Also visit the new Hamley`s Toy Store and Mark IS Shopping Mall. Chinese New Year Celebrations are also in effect so head over to Yokohama Chinatown for some early New Year energy.
Red Brick Warehouse Details
Event dates and times: Friday, February 1 – Monday, February 11; 11:00 – 18:00 Mon-Fri; 10:00 – 18:00 Sat, Sun & Holidays)
Address: 1-1-2, Shinko, Naka-ku, Yokohama
Access: 10 min walk from JR Keihin Tohoku Negishi Line, or Nihon Odori Station on the Minato Mirai Line
2. Flower`s by NAKED in Nihonbashi is an art exhibition which incorporates digital projection mapping with sound, smell and touch. We visited the other day and were delighted viewing the flower art, traditional Japanese motifs, listening to music and enjoying the various floral scents. A fantastic spot to experience the earliest cherry blossoms in Tokyo. More details –>
Dates: Tuesday, January 29 – Sunday, March 3, 2019
Address: Nihonbashi Mitsui Hall COREDO Muromachi 1 (entrance on the 4th floor)
Open hours: 10: 00 ~ 20: 00 Daily ※ Last admission
Access: Mitsukoshimae Station Exit A6 on the Hanzomon Line / Ginza Line or Shin-Nihombashi Station on the JR Sobu Line
Fees: Adult 1600 yen (Mon-Fri) 2000 yen (Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)
Child (elementary age and up) 1000 yen (Mon-Fri) 1000 yen (Saturday, Sunday and public holidays)
3. Are you ready for Setsubun? It’s on Sunday, February 3rd. There are so many great festivals, crafts and art associated with Setsubun. Read about some of the best inspirational and educational bits we could find!
Setsubun Celebrations – Three great places to see the best Tokyo Setsubun Celebrations on Sunday, February 3rd.
1. Senso-ji (Asakusa) – best time to attend is from 1:30 – 2:30
2. Zozo-ji (Shiba) – best time to attend is from 11:30-12:30
3, Arai Yakushi Temple (Nakano) – best time 2:30-4:30
4. TELL & TAC Women’s Group Carpet Auction – Saturday, February 2, 2019 – A great opportunity to purchase a unique oriental carpet that can make that special statement in your home or office, while also doing something good for young people in the community at the same time!
The hand-woven carpets at this year’s auction are exquisite collectibles from Iran, Afghanistan, Russia, Turkey, and India that are a not only a perfect reminder of your time in Japan but also make a wonderful addition to any room in a home or office. Better still, part of the proceeds will be donated to TELL and used to support our Chat Line and services for children and families struggling with mental illnesses in Japan.
Come and join us and for a drink, good conversations, and stunning carpets.
For non-TAC members, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: Saturday, February 2, 2019
Time: 5 pm (registration from 4:30 pm)
Venue: Tokyo American Club
Price: 2,000 JPY (refundable upon purchase of a carpet; includes two drinks and buffets)
5. O-Edo Antique Market (International Forum, Yurakucho) – Held twice a month; 1st and 3rd Sundays. Is said to be the largest outdoor Antique market in Japan. Super central and convenient for people who live in downtown Tokyo. This is one of my favourites.
• Date: Sunday, February 3 & 17, 2019
• Time: 9:00 to 16:00
• What is for sale: 250 sellers: 2/3 Japanese antiques and crafts and 1/3 other
• Parking: plenty of parking available
• Access: 1 min walk from Yurakucho Sta., 5 mins walk from Tokyo Sta.
• Address: 3-5-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku,Tokyo
• Website: www.antique-market.jp/eng/index.shtml
February 2 & 3, 2019 Tokyo Weekend Family Events and Activities
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter so you don’t miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.