Finding Easter Goodies in Japan can be quite the challenge with limited quantities which sell out quickly. Easter is Sunday, April 16th so hop to it! We completed a store check yesterday (March 9th) and found Easter goodies including chocolate bunnies, eggs, and jelly beans available at the stores listed below. Some of the stores also have Easter baskets and party decorations as well. There is still a few weeks left, so it is also possible to have the relatives overseas send the goodies stash or order from overseas retailers. Hope this list is helpful in completing your mission as the Easter bunny. If you are looking for Easter fun in Tokyo, join our April 15th Easter event! www.bestlivingjapan.com/easter-family-fun-event-april-15-2017/
Easter Goodies in Japan
1. Nissin World Delicatessen (Higashi Azabu, Minato-ku) – If you are looking for sweets, plastic eggs and baskets Nissan has a great selection right now. Only rivalled by National Azabu off-line. They have chocolate bunnies and jelly beans. However, they do not have plush dolls and small gift items. Nissin is very close to Azabu Juban station and has free parking on the 1st floor.
2. National Azabu Supermarket (Minami Azabu, Minat0-ku) – Defiently the widest selection of Easter themed sweets, gifts and party goods in a Tokyo store. The candy is located on the 1st floor and gift and party items on the second floor.
3. Flying Tiger (various locations in Japan) has an excellent selection of Easter gifts and decorations. They have stuffed doll rabbits and bunnies, Easter party napkins and plates, and Easter crafts all between 200 – 1,200 yen. I did find Easter baskets, however, they have a great
selection of bins and baskets that can be made into Easter baskets with creative imagination. There are 16 Flying Tiger Copenhagen locations in the Tokyo and Yokohama, including Aoyama, Shibuya, Futakotamagawa, Shinjuku and Ikebukuro.
4. Kaldi Coffee Farm (various locations across Japan) is one of the best value import product grocery stores in Japan. They have great coffee but also do an excellent
stocking seasonal foods and basics (cereal, granolas, etc.). They have a cute selection of chocolate and gummies for Easter this year, many of Disney and Sanrio characters, so check out your local Kaldis.
Kaldi Coffee Farm Detail Website to find a location near you http://www.kaldi.co.jp/english/
Business hours: 11:00 – 20:00 (depending on location)
5. Seijo Ishii (various has over 100 stores in Japan) which offers a boutique selection of Japanese and Import food. Most Seiko Ishii Stores are open 24/7 which is super convenient when the bunny rabbit forgets to stock-up. Seijo Ishii has a limited selection of chocolate eggs and jelly beans but when in it pinch Seijo Ishii is my go to.Here is their
Japan store locator in Japanese.
6. Kinokuniya (Aoyama, Minato-ku) the fancy international supermarket has a limited selection of Easter Candy near the cash register. However, they are one of the few retailers who presently has chocolate bunnies. This was my 3-year-olds favourite find on the store check.
Kinokuniya is located at 3-11-7 AO Building B1, Kita Aoyama, Minato-ku (exit B2 from Omotesando station). Store is open everyday 9:30-21:00
Online Foreign Buyers Club has a great Easter Product store with everything you need to be the best Easter bunny in town. Amazon.co.jp. also has a selection of Easter items.
Easter Goodies in Japan
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter so you don’t miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.