If you are planning on Camping in Japan with your own camping gear check out our Family Camping List. If you`re planning on heading out empty handed check and let the camp grounds take care of everything for you check out our top 5 Campgrounds near Tokyo. We`ve got your glamping to pitching your own tent sites covered.
1. Sunscreen 30+ – Here is a quick reference list Japanese Drugstore sunscreens for children. Purchase a couple bottles before you head out. Remember, sunscreen is recommended year-round for children 6 months and older. Infants under six months should not be in direct sunlight.
2. Bug spray – Mosquitos are out an about. Prevention is best! Here are the products that we stock-up on and keep handy through the mosquito season.
3. Outdoor One Touch Tent – The tent easily fits a family of four. Windproof anti-rain UV protected tent. Easy to assemble and is super lightweight (3.4 kg). For more selection visit Amazon`s Tent Selection.
4. The Licli sleeping bag is easy to store, washable and compact to carry. Also good for moisture retention, water absorption and breathability. It`s soft and keeps warmth. There are 8 colors to choose from; Orange, Khaki, Navy, Purple, Blue, Light Green, Red and Camouflage. Size: About 210 cm x 75 cm. For additional sleeping bags visit Amazon`s recommended sleeping bags.
*** CAMPING IN JAPAN ***
5. Coleman Quad LED Lantern – Take the convenience of four lights in one with you. Together the lantern shines 190 ultra-bright lumens for up to 75 hours. During an emergency, pop one of the four lights off the base for a personal flashlight. They recharge once they’re back on the base for hands-free light. The 24 LEDs last a lifetime, so they never need replacing and the lantern runs cool so it’s always safe to touch, even when it’s been on for hours. Great for emergencies too.
6. Captain Stagg Outdoor Chair – Portable, light-weight folding Outdoor Chair with Drink Holder. Also great for picnics, watching fireworks and lounging. Amazon also has a great selection of Outdoor Folding Chairs for Kids.
7. Coleman Pack-Away Portable Kitchen – Take the hassle and improvisation out of outdoor cookouts with the Coleman Pack-Away Portable Kitchen. This portable camp kitchen offers ample space for slicing meats and chopping vegetables. The side stand accommodates most Coleman stoves and coolers, while hanging hooks and a mesh storage shelf offer additional storage space for plates, utensils, and ingredients. To facilitate late-night cooking, a lantern hook provides a convenient place to hang a light. Easy set up and fold.
8. Linkax Aluminium Outdoor Table. Convenient table for outdoor use. The top is made of 900D Oxford material which is strong and durable. The aluminum legs are equipped with uneven slip and supports outdoor use. It`s convenient to carry, easy to assemble and remove.
9. Yamazen Camping Bee – This outdoor recliner is conveniently lightweight yet durable with its powder-coated steel frame. It features a lock function that easily keeps you reclined. The chair design reduces pressure and tension so you can relax while sitting in the patio or at camp.
10. Captain Stag has a great outdoor camping dishware set containing 4 plates, cups, forks and spoons each with carrying case.
*** CAMPING IN JAPAN ***
15. Frying pan
17. Kettle or portable coffee maker
19. Plates, bowls, forks, spoons, knives
20. Cups, mugs
21. Paring knife, spatula, cooking spoon
23. Sponge, dishcloth, dishtowel
24. Trash bags
Mosquito & Insect Repellant and Aid
First-aid kit – Check out our list of Japanese Medicine Cabinet Essentials for Baby & Kids
Toothbrush, toiletries, Soap
Camping in Japan Checklist