The days are brighter, and the days warmer – perfect to dine outdoors. Are you looking for a restaurant in Tokyo with terrace seating? Better yet with water, city or garden views? Tokyo has plenty. Here are our Top Tokyo Restaurants with Terrace Seating. Do you have a spot to recommend? Let us know in the comments below.
Terrace Seating with Water View
1. The TY Harbor Brewery Restaurant in Shingawa has a great waterfront view of the Tennoz canal, is a popular date spot and family-friendly. Located in the Tennoz area TY Harbor opens daily from 11:30am serving traditional American cuisine with soup and salad sets and vegetarian meals as well. Their non-smoking restaurant with in-house brewed craft beers and seasonal spirits are a treat. Patrons have the choice of indoor or outdoor seating. Indoors is lofty and warm; outdoors refreshing. Their terrace is popular and crowded on nice weather days. Reservations are recommended.
TY Harbor Notes:
– High-chair and tableware for children available.
– Stroller-friendly from 13:00
– Diaper changing table available.
– Breadworks Bakery is connected to TY Harbor and opens daily from 8:00am.
– Valet Parking from 10:00～22:00 at 1000 yen per car. Get your ticket validated with your check. They will have your car waiting for you when you exit the restaurant.
TY Harbor Details
Address: 2-1-3 Higashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku Tokyo（東京都品川区東品川2-1-3）
Hours: Mon-Fri：11:30〜14:00 L.O. Sat, Sun, Hol：11:30〜15:00 L.O. Dinner 17:30〜22:00 L.O.
Access: A 5-min walk from Tennoz Isle station (Monorail or Rinkai line exit B)
2. Bills, Odaiba, located in the Decks Mall, has an open terrace that gives a beautiful view of Tokyo Bay and the Rainbow Bridge. The large, 200 person seating restaurant is clean and family-friendly. Families can enjoy their meal and take a stroll outside in nice weather or stay-in and shop around. If you walk towards Tokyo Bay there is a nice man-made beach where kids can frolick in the sand while parents relax.
Bills doesn’t take reservations for lunch. There is usually a long wait. There are other family restaurants in the Decks Mall, but we enjoy the food at the atmosphere at Bills. Note the menu changes slightly per month/season.
Bills, Odaiba Details
Address: 3F Decks Seaside Mall, 1-6-1 Daiba, Minato-ku
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00-23:00 (L.O. food 22:00 Drinks 22:30); Sat, Sun & Holidays 8:00-23:00 (L.O. food 22:00 Drinks 22:30)
Access: Odaiba-Kaihinkoen Station on the Yurikamome line; Tokyo Teleport Station on the Rinkai line.
Notes: Kids Menu & high-chairs available; Non-smoking; pets are welcome on the terrace only. Diaper changing table in the first restroom only.
Additional locations: Omotesando, Shichirigahama and Yokohama
Terrace Seating with City Views
3. Hacienda Del Cielo (アシエンダ デル シエロ) in Daikanyama. The place is lively and beautifully put together. Lofty ceilings with floor to ceiling windows, lounge-like seating, and a beautiful and spacious rooftop terrace with unobstructed views of Tokyo. The perfect atmosphere for a night out with the girls or a fun date night, and great for lunch on their terrace with the kids.
Hacienda Del Cielo is located on the 9th floor of the Mansard building (glass building). Walk into the building from the back and take the elevator to the 9th floor. The elevator door opens to lively music and a hallway with red velvet curtains on your right, the kitchen on your left. Reception is around the bar. Child and stroller-friendly.
Hacienda Del Cielo is one of four Modern Mexican restaurants in the Human Hospitality group HUGE. HUGE runs a group of stylish restaurants which are known for high standard service with a personal touch. Their newest location, El Caliente, opened in Shinagawa in August.
Hacienda Del Cielo, Daikanyama Details
Address: 9F Mansard Daikanyama, 10-1, Sarugakucho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo (〒150-0033 東京都渋谷区猿楽町10−1, マンサード代官山9F)
Business hours: Monday – Saturday 11:30 – 4:00am, Sunday and National holidays 11:30 – 23:00
Access: A 4-min walk from Daikanyama station
4. Two Rooms Grill | Bar Omotesando If you`re looking for a romantic date night restaurant with unobstructed views of the city, an extensive wine list, delicious cocktails, great atmosphere and superb food stop in Two Rooms Grill | Bar in Omotesando.
Located on the 5th floor of Omotesando’s AO glass building, you walk off the elevator and enter the impressive, open space with floor to ceiling windows, modern decor and sleek open kitchen. Their bar and lounge area offers an unobstructed view of the city looking out over Harajuku with Shinjuku Skyscrapers in the distance as well as an infinity edge water feature.
We highly recommend getting a seat on the terrace and on nice weather evenings to enjoy a cocktail and watch the sunset. Their delicious *weekend brunches* are also a local and expat favourite.
Two Rooms Grill | Bar Details:
Address: 5F AO Building, 3-11-7, Kita-Aoyama Minato-ku, Tokyo (〒107-0061 東京都港区北青山3-11-7 AOビル5F) +Google Maps
Business hours: Daily 11:30-14:30pm, 18:00-22:00 (Sundays until 21:00); Lounge & Bar Daily 11:30-02:00 (Sunday until 22:00)
Access: A 3-min walk from Omotesando Station (Ginza, Hanzomon, Chiyoda lines)
Terrace Seating with Garden Views
5. Ivy Place Daikanyama is our favorite child-friendly spot to dine at. Located in the stylish Daikanyama T-Site complex, Ivy Place opens daily from 7:00 a.m. and offers a variety of breakfast choices that change with the season. Patrons have the choice of indoor or outdoor seating. Indoors is spacious and lovely; outdoors you have an upclose view of greenery. Their garden terrace is popular and crowded on nice weather days.
Ivy Place doesn`t take reservations for breakfast so get there early on the weekend. The place fills up fast! If crowded the staff will take your name and number and call you when the next table is available.
After of having a leisurely breakfast at Ivy Place we love browsing the stores in the leafy T-site complex; the Bornelund Toy store, the Tsutaya Book store, the Motovelo bike store to test out the new battery-powered assisted bicycles, and more.
Ivy Place Notes:
– High-chair and tableware for children available.
– Diaper changing station and nursing room can be found in the T-Site complex.
– T-site parking is next door. Discounted rates for orders over 2,000 yen 1 hour free parking. Orders over 5,000 yen 2 hours free parking.
Ivy Place Daikanyama Details
Address: Daikanyama T-Site Garden, 16-15 Sarugakucho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
Hours: Daily 7:00-22:00
Access: A 6-min walk from Daikanyama Station or a 5-min walk from Ebisu Station
6. Pizzeria-Trattoria Napule at Tokyo Midtown is known for its authentic Neapolitan pizza. They have set lunch courses and a pleasantly casual atmosphere with a multi-lingual staff. Their beautiful terrace overlooks the Midtown Garden – gorgeous during Cherry Blossom season through Autumn. Go early for lunch to beat the rush. Reservations are recommended for dinner.
Pizzeria-Trattoria Napule Notes:
Provides table, bench and terrace seating.
English Menu: No. Italian & Japanese
Changing table: In the Midtown complex
Highchair: No. Cushions available.
Kids utensils: yes
Nursing room: In the Midtown complex
Buggy/Pram: Can be placed at the table/terrace. If it`s too crowded, they ask that you leave it by the door.
Take out is available.
Pizzeria-Trattoria Napule Details:
Address: The Garden Terrace at Tokyo Midtown Garden 1F (9-7-1 Akasaka, Minato, Tokyo 107-0052 (map) 東京港区赤坂9-7-1)
Hours: 11:00 – 15:00 (Last order 14:00); 17:30 – 24:00 (Last order 20:30)
Access: A direct walk from Roppongi Station on the Oedo line or the underground passage via the Hibiya Line; A 3-min walk from Nogizaka station or a 10-min walk from Roppongi-itchome station.
Top Tokyo Restaurants with Terrace Seating
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter, so you don’t miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.