Here are our top recommendations for Tokyo Ice Skating Rinks 2016 – 2017. Enjoy the seasonal outside rinks during the winter months, and if the love of skating hits you can continue in one of the year-round rinks located in Tokyo. Check the open dates below! If ice is not your thing, than there is always rollerskating at Tokyo Dome!
Tokyo Ice Skating Rinks Winter 2016 – 2017 – Great Winter Fun!
Futako Tamagawa Rise Skating Garden 2016 – Enjoy a day of shopping and skating at the Futago Tamagawa Rise complex. The skate rink is a full-scale 390 square meter ice skating rink. You can also enjoy the illuminations until late January.
Futako Tamagawa Rise Skating Garden 2016 Details
Days and Times: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 to Tuesday, February 28, 2017; Weekday From 13:00 to 19:00, Saturday/Sunday/National Holidays 11:00 to 19:00
Address: 2-21-1 Tamagawa, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo
Cost: Skating fee adults 1,400 JPY per day, High school and junior high kids are 1,200 JPY, kids elementary to age 3 1,000 JPY per day
Note: Skate, helmets and knee/elbow pads are free (Shoes size: 15cm – 30cm) – Gloves are necessary.
Access: 5 min walk from Futako-Tamagawa Station on the Tokyu Denentoshi Line and Oimachi Line
2. Akasaka Circus Rink (Akasaka, Minato-ku) – This ice skating rink is the earliest to open each year. A very nice rink that is open late for night skating. Enjoy a nice dinner at the Scas complex and then skate the night away.
Akasaka Circus Rink Details
Days and Times: November 23, 2016 – February 14, 2017; weekdays 12:00～21:00, weekends 12:00 – 22:00
Address: Akasaka Scas, 赤坂サカス, 5 Akasaka, Minato, Tokyo 107-0052
Cost: Skating fee adults 1,200 JPY per day, kids junior high and under 600 JPY per day; Skate Rental 500 JPY, gloves 200 yen per day; Season pass adults 15,000 JPY, Junior High and below 8,000
Phone: 03-3588-6399 (skate centre number, Japanese language only)
Access: 5 min walk from Akasaka Station on the Chiyoda line, or Akasaka Mitsuke Station on the Marunouchi and Ginza lines
Website: http://sacas.net/ (Japanese language only)
3. Citizen Ice Skate Rink (Takanobaba, Shinjuku) – This rink is located in the Citizen recreational plaza, and it is open all year round. It is used for both recreational, as well as, for lessons and official skating and hockey competitions. Great location to spend a few hours as a family any time of the year.
Citizen Ice Skate Rink Details
Days and Times: Year-round, Monday – Saturday 12:00-19:45; Sunday & Holidays 12:00-18:30
Address: 4-29-2 Takanobaba, Shinjuku-ku
Cost: Skating fee adults 1,340 JPY per day, kids junior high and under 820 JPY per day; General admission to rink for observing 400 JPY; Skate Rental (size 16-32 cm available) for 520 JPY per day
Phone: 03-3371-0910 (skate centre number, Japanese language only)
Access: 5 min walk from Takanobaba station on the JR Yamanote or Tozai lines
Website: Citizen Skate Rink (Japanese language only)
4. The Ice Rink at Tokyo Midtown (Roppongi) – This seasonal rink should be open on Sunday, January 8th, 2017 and run through Sunday, March 5, 2017. It is located in the Midtown complex and is the largest seasonal rink in Tokyo area at 20m×42m (840㎡). The skating rink charges one fee that includes admission, skates and if wanted helmets and knee pads. Have a fun time skating in beautiful Midtown under the city lights. This rink is not covered so if it rains the rink does close. Sponsor of the rink is the Diners Club International.
The Ice Rink at Tokyo Midtown Details
Days and Times: Sunday, January 8 – Sunday, March 5, 2017; 11:00～22:00
Address: Tokyo Midtown, Roppongi, Tokyo
Cost: Skating fee and skate rental package is adults 1,500 JPY and kids junior high and under 1,000 JPY per day; Skate sizes 15-32 cms available
Access: At the Roppongi Station on the Namboku and Hibiya lines, 5 min walk from the Nogizaka Station on the Chiyoda line
Website: http://www.tokyo-midtown.com/en/ (Midtown English Information)
5. Meiji Jingu Ice Skating Rink (Shinjuku-ku) – This year-round rink is very centrally located, accessible by four stations and has public parking. Nice size rink with many public facilities. Enjoy skating for a few hours and then enjoy other areas of Meiji Jingu.
Meiji Jingu Ice Skating Rink Details
Days and Times: Year round, Monday – Friday 12:00-18:00 (last admission 17:00); Saturday, Sunday & Holidays 10:00-18:00 (last admission 17:00)
Address: 1-1 Kasumigaoka cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
Cost: Skating fee adults 1,340 JPY per day, kids junior high and under 930 JPY per day; Fee for observer 310 JPY; Skate Rental (size 16-32 cm available) for 510 JPY per day
Access: 10-15 walk from all of the following stations: Shinanomachi Station on the JR Chuo/Sobu Line, Sendagaya Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza Line, Gaienmae Station on the Aoyama-icchome Station/Tokyo Metro Hanzomon Line/ Toei Subway Oedo Line, or Aoyama-icchome Station on the Toei Subway Oedo Line
6. Kodomo No Kuni Skate Rink (Aoba-ku, Yokohama) – This seasonal rink is located in the huge Kodomo No Kuni park in Yokohama. The rink is covered so you can also skate if raining. You can easily spend the entire day at the park skating for a few hours, having lunch at the restaurant, visiting the petting zoo and playing at one of the many playgrounds. Takes about 45 mins from central Tokyo by car, but plenty of easy access parking. If you have never been to Kodomo No Kuni, I highly recommend.
Kodomo No Kuni Skate Rink Details
Days and Times: December 17, 2016 – February 26, 2017; open 10:00 – 16:00 ((last entry 15:00)
Address: 700 Nara-cho, Aoba-ku, Yokohama
Cost: Admission to park, skating fee and skate rental package is adults 1,300 JPY per day, kids elementary and under 700 JPY per day; Skate sizes 16-30 cms available)
Access: Park parking lot available for 900 yen per day; From JR Yokohama Line, Tokyu Denentoshi Line, Nagatsuta station,
transfar for Kodomonokuni Line and get off Kodomonokuni station(final stop of Kodomonokuni Line)
7. Ice Rink at Yokohama Akarenga (Naka-ku, Yokohama) – Wonderful outside space nestled in the Akarenga (red brick) buildings of Yokohama. Enjoy outside skating amongst the holiday illuminations, art exhibit by Shumpei Minagawa and music. Enjoy some shopping, have a nice dinner and skate the night away!
Ice Rink at Yokohama Akarenga Details
Days and Times: December 3, 2016 – February 19, 2017; Weekdays 13:00-22:00; weekends & holidays 11:00 – 22:00
Address: 1-1 Shinko, Naka-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa
Cost: Adults 500 JPY, elementary and jr. high children 400 JPY, three and above 200 JPY (skate rentals 500 JPY)
Access: Bashamichi or Nihon-Odori Station on the Minatomirai line
8. Tokyo Skytree Town Ice Skate Park (Naka-ku, Yokohama) – Located beneath the Skytree you can can enjoy some beautiful illuminations while skating. This is one of the most expensive and popular skating rinks in Tokyo so plan to stay a while once you enter.
Tokyo Skytree Town Ice Skate Park Details
Days and Times: January 4 – March 5, 2017; Monday – Thursday 11:00 – 20:00; Friday, weekends & holidays 11:00 – 21:00
Address: Tokyo Skytree Town 4F Sky Arena, 1-1-2 Oshiage, Sumida-Ku, T0kyo
Cost: Entrance and skate rentals – M- Thurs: Adults 3,000 JPY, jr. high children and younger 2,000 JPY; Fri, Weekend and Holidays Adults 4,000 JPY, jr. high children and younger 2,500 JPY
Access: Oshiage Station (Sky Tree)
Tokyo Ice Skating Rinks Winter 2015 -2016 – Great Winter Fun!
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter, so you don’t miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.