Over the next two months, there are some great Spring 2015 Tokyo International school festivals to attend. You do not need to have a child at these schools to attend and enjoy global cooking, music and many flea markets and raffles. Attending the Spring 2015 Tokyo International school festivals is also a great way to get to know a school and its community if you are thinking about applying for your child. All of the schools below use the fair proceeds for 3rd party charities as well as for their school projects. Below is the schedule that will be added to as new information is received. If your school is having a festival, open to the public, please send the information to contact BestLivingJapan.com or add below. Enjoy and hope to see you there.
Spring 2015 Tokyo International School Festivals
1. Tokyo International School Cherry Blossom Fair (Minami Azabu, Minato-ku) – Saturday, April 18th from 11:00 – 15:00 (rain or shine!) – This is the first Spring festival of the season. There will be over 11 countries foods represented, many music and performing arts, a great flea market with kids and adult clothing and raffle. Raffle prizes include designer bags (Prada and Coach), airline flights to Hong Kong and much, much more. Proceeds will support projects for the children aected by the earthquake in Tohoku as well as enrich the learning environment of our children at TIS. I attended this fair last year and found my favourite foods and great toddler clothes for Baby. Easy to access on the bus from Shinagawa or Shibuya and also a 5 min walk from Shirogane-Takanawadai station. For more info click here. Tokyo International School 2-13-6 Minami Azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0047
2. Aoba International Spring Carnival (Hikarigaoka, Nerima) – Saturday, April 18th from 11:00 – 15:00 (rain or shine!) – Join Aoba Intl for the 15th annual Spring Carnival! Enjoy a variety of games and activities at different booths, sample food and drink from around the world, and enter to win fabulous prizes! For more info click here. 7-5-1 Hikarigaoka, Nerima-ku, Tokyo 179-0072.
3. International School of the Sacred Heart Family Festival (Hiroo, Shibuya-ku) — Saturday, April 25th from 10:00 – 16:00 (rain or shine!) – A great festival which is open to the public. This festival has it all – raffle, international food and drink, activities and music and entertainment. Easy to access from Hiroo station. 4-3-1 Hiroo, Shibuya-ku (Exit 3 Hiroo station on Hibuya line)
4. Nishimachi International School Spring Festival (Moto-Azabu, Mintao-ku) – Saturday, May 9th – date set but no details yet.
5. St. Mary’s School Carnival (Setagaya-ku) – Saturday, May 9th – 12:00 – Sun, May 10 – date set but no details yet.