This is my post delivery review of Seibo Hospital. I also list Dr. Sakamoto`s delivery fees for my Jan 2011 Delivery below.
- Nice facilities
- Super friendly staff
- Choice of Japanese or Western meals (typical hospital food).
- They allow one family member room-in for an extra charge.
- You have 24-hour access to your baby. If you need to rest, the nursery will take care of your baby in the nursery.
- NICU available
- Dr. Sakamoto recommended this hospital. Being his patient pretty much guarantees you a private room.
- The hospital is a bit old.
- Not all the rooms have showers. I had to shower down the hall.
- The nurses spoke limited English.
- Lack a surgeon to perform circumcisions.
- If you want an epidural you have to use Dr. Sakamoto or have a scheduled delivery.
Note: Bring your own bath towel, snacks and lots of water. I gave birth in Winter. The rooms were extremely dry.
Seibo International Hospital Details
Address: 2-5-1 Nakaochiai, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo(東京都新宿区中落合2-5-1)
Dr. Sakamoto`s Practice Details
Dr. Sakamoto & Associates
Address: 4-11-6 Jingumae, Shibuya, Tokyo (東京都渋谷区神宮前 4-11-6 表参道千代田ビルB2F)
Tokyo Medical and Surgical Clinic
Address: 3-4-30 Shiba-koen, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 32 Shibakoen Building 2F (東京都港区芝公園3－4－30 32芝公園ビル1＆2階)
P.S. Looking for English-Speaking Doctors in Tokyo? Take a look at our curated list of Dermatologists, Pediatricians, Dentists, and Ophthalmologists. Do you have one to recommend? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message via our contact form.
Tired of taking the crowded train with your baby in stroller? Look into purchasing an electrically assisted bicycle. We`ve answered all the FAQs, and provide tips and recommendations.
Seibo Hospital Delivery Fee & Dr. Sakamoto`s Delivery Fee
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter, so you don’t miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.