French food to me is synonymous to fresh ingredients and meticulous preparation, so the Picard Frozen Food Grocery Store openings around Tokyo were a bit of a surprise. Everything in the stores is frozen! If you are a busy family, the Picard store is a dream come true. We bought some soup, pizza, croissants and pasta to try and every item was immensely enjoyed by my family of seven! Prices are not as low Japanese frozen food level, but the selection and the tastes are great considering it is frozen food. Stop into one of their stores today or shop online for items such as ratatouille cuisinée (843 JPY), fonds d’artichauts (1,059 JPY), filets de merlan (1,491 JPY), 10 croissants (843 JPY), 12 mini-moelleux au chocolat (1,383 JPY). Bon Appétit
**Note all cooking instructions on the bags are in Japanese, French, Italian, Swedish and Italian (No English).
Picard Frozen Food Grocery Store (Aoyama, Azabu-Juban & Nakameguro) – French Convenience Food
There are presently three Tokyo stores Aoyama, Azabu-Juban, and Nakameguro. Picard is an extremely popular supermarket chain that only sells frozen foods! They have hundreds of stores across France, Italy, Sweden, Belgium and Luxembourg. In Japan Picard has formed a joint venture with the AEON Supermarket chain. The Japan stores are smaller than the stores in the EU, but they have all the best selling items for every stage of your meal from Appetizers, Soups, Veggies, Mains, bread and Pasta. I was told about 80% of the products will be consistent throughout the year, with the remaining 20% being seasonal. Presently they have a wonderful selection of holiday deserts!
The store in Azabu-Juban offers free parking up to an hour in the parking lot behind the store. All three stores also sell freezer grocery bags if you will be traveling a distance to the store. If you are not living near an offline store you can order form the Picard online store and get delivery in 2-3 days anywhere in Japan.
Picard Frozen Food Grocery Stores
Nakameguro Store: 1-30-10 Aobadai, Meguro-ku, Tokyo; open daily 10:00 – 21:00; 2 min walk from Nakameguro station
Azabu Juban Store: (the old Peacock Grocery store) 2-9-2 Azabu Juban, Minato-ku, Tokyo; open daily 10:00 – 22:00; 4 min walk from Azabu Juban station
Aoyama Store: 5-9-12 Minami Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo; open daily 10:00 – 21:00; 3 min walk from Omotesando station
Online store: https://www.picard-frozen.com/
Picard Frozen Food Grocery Store – French Convenience Food
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter, so you don’t miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.