Japanese Pumpkin Kabucha is one of the most seasonal, nutritious and economical foods you can buy from September to November in Japan. Great time of the year to make some Japanese Pumpkin Kabucha recipes. Japanese Pumpkin Kabucha (/kəˈboʊtʃə/; from Japanese カボチャ, 南瓜) is an Asian variety of winter squash of the species Cucurbita maxima. It has an exceptional naturally sweet flavor, even sweeter than butternut squash. It is similar in texture and flavor to a pumpkin, and a sweet potato combined. Some Japanese Pumpkin Kabucha can taste like Russet potatoes. Like other squash family members, it is commonly mixed in side dishes and soups or anywhere pumpkin, potato, or other squash would be. It is rich in beta-carotene, with iron, vitamin C, potassium, and smaller traces of calcium, folic acid, and minute amounts of B vitamins. Here are some great recipes I have collected from around the web. Kabuchas are very hard to peel and cut. Here is a handy video on how to peel and cut with not hurting yourself. Enjoy and Bon Appetite!
10 Great Japanese Pumpkin Kabucha Recipes
1. Kabocha no Nimono (simmered pumpkin) Recipe – Great video and recipe on this stable dish
2. Roasted Kabucha Squash Recipe – Simple recipe with a decision tastehttp://nomnompaleo.com/post/11136213353/roasted-kabocha-squash
3. Squash Soup Recipe – two very good recipes for soup
4. Soy-Braised Kabocha Squash Recipe – maximises the nutty taste
5. Thai Red Curry Kabucha Squash Recipe – for curry lovers yum! perfect for the cooler weather
6. Winter Squash Risotto – my personal favorite
7. Kabocha Pork Stir Fry – one dish cooking great for the busy mom and dad
8.Roasted Pumpkin Seeds – great snack
9. Kabocha Pumpkin Bread – all I can say is yum – going to make some today
10. Kabucha Squash Cake with Brown Sugar Cream Recipe – a moist and kid-friendly desert
Japanese Pumpkin Kabucha Recipes
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter so you don’t miss any great info. It easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.