Itoya, Ginza is one of my main destinations for Japanese paper (washi), holiday cards, baby announcement design items, and cool pens and stuff. Honestly, one could spend hours in Itoya looking at the huge selection of paper, pens, notebooks and stationery accessories. Japanese paper is great for decorating plain storage
boxes to using as placemats for dinner parties. Itoya has a rich history in Ginza having begun business in 1904 and continuing to lead the way on stationary merchandising in Japan. The Itoya’s main store is in the
Ginza, but they have ten other stores across Tokyo and one in Osaka. You will not walk out empty handed!
Just my opinion
- Merchandise: Japanese paper, stationery, and accessories
- Price: a wide spectrum
- Service: Very knowledgeable, however, can be very busy on weekends and holidays
- Giftwrap: Available for a fee
- Child friendliness: Ginza store is five floors, however, very stroller friendly
- Toilets: modern and clean, baby and handicap friendly
- English ability: Limited English store maps on walls
Address: 3-7-1 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
Hours: Mon – Sat 10:00 – 20:00, Sun and Holidays 10:00 – 19:00
Access: Ginza flagship store is 5 min walk from Ginza station on the Ginza line
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter so you don’t miss any great info. It easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.