d47 Design Travel Store is a beautiful store to view and shop Japanese crafts and food from the 47 prefectures of Japan. The selection has been beautifully curated and displayed to represent the best of Japan. It is centrally
located in the Shibuya Hikari building’s 8th floor, which also has a lovely cafe and some other galleries. If you want to see Shibuya from a higher perspective, this is a good option. If you love this store you will love all of these Japanese craft and art stores as well!
Here are some of my favorite products at the d47 Design Travel Store
1. Sashiko embroidered card cases in vibrant colors from northern Japan. A beautiful souvenir from your time in Japan, which can also be used every day.
2. Japanese kettles that work wonderfully on gas ranges or just perfect as a room accessory.
3. All natural apple juice from Aomori prefecture. A favorite of Baby!
4. Chabako (tea boxes) that come in a variety of sizes are great for storing special items. They look great in rustic form or covered in Japanese paper or fabric.
5. Beautiful sake set which is perfect for a true sake lover or a great wedding gift. Mastery of metal design.
6. Light, smooth, yet durable porcelain bowls, plates and tea pots. These look great looking in any decor.
d47 Design Travel Store Details
Address: Hikari Building 8th Floor, 2-21-1 Shibuya, Shibuya, Tokyo (東京都渋谷区 渋谷2-21-1)
Hours: 11:00 – 20:00 Daily
Access: A 3 minute walk from Shibuya station
d47 Design Travel Store, Shibuya
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter, so you don’t miss any great info. It easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.