If you are looking for a quick, carefree weekend trip to enjoy white beaches and blue seas visit Club Med Ishigaki, Okinawa. Only a three-hour flight from Tokyo Club Med Kabira Beach Ishigaki (石垣島カビラクラブメッド) in Okinawa, Japan offers an all-inclusive vacation package that`s excellent for both parents and kids. The package includes buffet-style breakfast, lunch and dinners (international cuisine), snacks, unlimited spirits, fitness classes, land sports, water sports, entertainment and a mini-club for kids aged 4-10 yrs old. Older kids aged 11yrs and above can participate in the following activities:
– Fitness classes (yoga/body conditioning/dance) from 11yrs or 16yrs and above (depends on the class)
– Fitness Gym 18 yrs and above
– Tennis/Squash 6/8 yrs and above
– Archery 6 yrs and above
– Mountain Bike 11 yrs and above
– Snorkeling 11 yrs and above
– Windsurfing 8 yrs and above
– Kayak 11 yrs and above
– Stand Up Paddle Board 11yrs and above
Special services are offered for an additional fee; the spa, the petit club for kids 2-3 yrs old and the pajama club, care for toddlers aged 2–10yrs old from 8:30pm – midnight.
We spent four nights at their resort over Spring Break. We loved it! My son was literally in tears when we left. Definitely a resort we will revisit.
– The staff is multilingual. Everyone speaks English.
– It`s a short 3-hr flight from Haneda Airport then a 40 min drive from the newly built Ishigaki airport to Club Med.
– There are no diaper changing tables in the public restrooms. However, rooms are a short walk from the public areas and is stroller-friendly.
– Some parts of the beach are scattered with broken coral. I recommend taking beach shoes for the entire family.
– Sign up for land and water sports are at certain times. Go early. The sheets fill up fast.
– If you want to take advantage of the babysitting service there is a guest fee charge of 5000 yen for the “external babysitting service” to come to the resort. Sitters are 2000 yen/hour.
– The rooms come with 2 cup noodles, a bag of snacks and bottled water.
– We booked a room with two twin beds and an extra cot. The staff happily granted our request to place the beds side-by-side to make one large King-sized bed with a cot at the end.
– My littlest one was a few months shy of turning two and was unable to join the petit-club. However, there are mini-club “family” events where everyone can participate.
Club Med also has a location in Sapporo, Hokkaido where the kids can learn how to ski or snowboard in Winter or participate in outdoor activities in Summer.
http://www.clubmed-jp.com/hokkaido/ (in Japanese)
Club Med Ishigaki Details
Address: 1 Banchi Ishigaki, Kabira, Ishigaki City, Okinawa, Japan 90700453
Phone: 81 9808-44600
Club Med Ishigaki, Okinawa
Did you enjoy this article? If yes, please sign-up for the Best Living Japan newsletter, so you don’t miss any great info. It is easy to sign-up just click here, and enter your email.